The Grooming Manual
Could your skincare routine use an overhaul? Or maybe an upgrade?
Too many guys have just stuck to the same old skincare and grooming routine. They’ve been using a soap bar since they were kids - and the same one is still sitting in their shower. They learned to shave with foamy shave cream and menthol aftershave - so that’s what’s still going on.
Traditions are great. Nothing wrong with sticking to your habits. If they’re good for you.
But if your old skincare and grooming habits are no good for your skin, it’s time to make a change. You should upgrade your men’s skincare routine in order to get significantly better results.
How can you do it? Ask yourself a few questions about your current skincare habits. Then find easy ways to improve and upgrade them.
Where Are You Now with Skincare?
When it comes to skincare and grooming, how would you rate yourself?
- Novice. I use whatever’s available in the shower. I don’t worry about my skin much otherwise. I see my wife’s plethora of products and wonder what in the world it’s all for.
- Intermediate. I try to take care of my skin. I usually use moisturizer in the mornings and I like the way it helps my skin feel better throughout the day. But I’m not sure if I’m really getting the results I’d like to see.
- Guru. I have a carefully curated skincare routine. I wash and moisturizer each morning and exfoliate several times each week. I want the best looking skin possible.
Regardless of what level of skincare knowledge and prowess you already have, there are upgrades you can make. The important part is knowing why you’re making improvements.
Why Upgrade Your Approach to Skincare?
Guys have lots of reasons to finally get serious about skincare and grooming. It may be that someone else has pointed something out to you. Or perhaps you’ve begun to notice something in the mirror that you aren’t thrilled about. Here are some reasons why many men begin to investigate their skincare options.
- Aging becomes noticeable. You don’t know what you had until you’ve lost it. Many men never think about their skin - until those first wrinkles start to show. If this is your situation, the good news is that starting a skincare and anti-aging routine for men now is the best way to fight back.
- Acne appears persistently. Some guys have never been able to shake their acne breakouts. This is quite common and most likely your skin type is to blame. The right approach to skincare can help minimize the chance that you’ll experience frequent breakouts.
- Constant skin irritation. Guys with sensitive or dry skin often experience discomfort when using skincare products. That’s because harsh soaps and detergents dry out the skin, leaving it tight, red, and irritated. Adjusting your skincare routine to fit your skin type is the right way to fix these issues.
Easy Upgrades to Your Skincare Routine
If you’re starting from zero, the most basic step is to just get started. You can get a good idea of what works for you with our best sellers sample kit.
Stop using a harsh soap - like that soap bar you’ve been using since kindergarten - and switch to a mild cleanser for your face. The right face wash for men and face moisturizer for men, used together each morning and night, will do wonders for your skin. Look for gentle products designed for your skin type.
Already following that routine? Struggling with oily skin and frequent breakouts? Upgrade your routine with face toner for men - use it each morning before moisturizing to reduce oil and shine. Add face scrub for men to your routine also - you’ll get the best results using it every other day after you wash your face.
Sick of dealing with shave irritation? There are three easy upgrades you can make. First, switch to a non-lathering shave cream for men that soothes and hydrates your skin while also allowing for a smooth shave. Second, use a pre shave oil for men under that shave cream to create a slick surface and minimize skin irritation. Third, exchange your old aftershave for an alcohol-free aftershave that leaves your skin nourished and moisturized.
Want to fight back against aging? Use the best anti-aging routine for men each evening before bed. That will help your skin recover overnight and will gradually reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. A key element of this routine is an eye cream for men. Hydrating the skin around your eyes and reducing dark circles is essential to looking your best.