The Difference Between Men's Eye Serum and Eye Cream
Are you making efforts to look your best and maintain healthful, youthful skin? It’s not easy, but with the right routine - good nutrition, regular exercise, healthy habits, and great skincare - it’s achievable.
But even guys with extensive knowledge of skincare can struggle with the sensitive skin below and around the eyes. This is some of the thinnest, most delicate skin anywhere on your body. As such, it’s especially susceptible to developing wrinkles, fine lines, puffiness, and sagging.
No worries, there are easy ways to combat eye wrinkles. Two of the best products available for men are eye serum and eye cream.
What’s the difference between them? Which is right for you - eye serum or eye cream? And how do each help you keep your skin looking its best?
Eye Serum Vs. Eye Cream
Eye serum is a more concentrated product, designed to absorb deep into your skin. It doesn’t stay on the outer layer of your skin for very long at all. Instead, its nutrient dense formula penetrates the inner skin layers and contributes to collagen production for firmer skin. The best eye serum for men offers cumulative effects that may not be immediately apparent the first few times you apply it.
Eye cream is a thicker product that absorbs a little slower than serum and hydrates the outer skin layers. It addresses dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines around the eyes. Since eye cream for men treats concerns on the surface of the skin, its benefits can be seen almost instantly.
Can You Use Both Eye Serum and Eye Cream?
Yes, and many guys do. Why?
Eye Serum Is Best for Wrinkles
These form naturally with age and are often a result of reduced collagen production as you get older. The concentrated ingredients in eye serum for men help firm up your skin. With consistent use, it promotes increased collagen production. So while you might not see overnight results, it will progressively help reduce wrinkles as you consistently use it.
Eye Cream Is Best for Dark Circles
Wrinkles are not the only concern around your eyes. Puffiness, dark circles, and crow’s feet are all major concerns that most men are confronted with. The best way to address them is with eye cream for men.
How Use Both Eye Serum and Eye Cream
- Apply your eye serum first.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- Then layer your eye cream over top.
There’s no need to overdo it here - only use as much of each product as you need to cover the area. Leaving on a thick layer of either is not going to get you any better results.
Key Ingredients in Eye Serum for Men
Our Restoring Eye Serum Treatment is made with these powerful natural ingredients to help smooth the wrinkles around your eyes and bring back your skin’s firm, youthful texture.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Researchers have identified hyaluronic acid as “the key molecule involved in skin moisture.” It’s found naturally in the joint fluid, connective tissue, and skin of both humans and animals. It delivers moisture to skin cells, smooths the skin, and fights UV damage.
- Peptides - These short amino acid chains have been proven to stimulate collagen production for firmer skin. They also diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduce skin inflammation.
- Vitamin C - When applied topically as part of your skincare routine, vitamin C helps stimulate collagen production, balances skin tone, and fights the long term effects of UV damage. All of these benefits directly contribute to reduced wrinkles and firmer skin.
Key Ingredients in Eye Cream for Men
Our Restoring Eye Cream is lightweight for fast absorption while still being rich and moisturizing to your skin. Like our eye serum, it contains peptides and hyaluronic acid. It’s also made with these natural ingredients.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) - This nutrient is found in spinach, kale, and other leafy green superfoods. It reduces pigmentation issues, including age spots - which often form on the thin, sensitive skin under and around the eyes.
- Caffeine - By stimulating circulation, caffeine helps reduce the puffiness and dark circles around your eyes that give you a run down, aged appearance. Instead, you get smoother skin with a consistent tone and texture.
To get the benefits of both products, try our Restoring Eye Routine. Adding eye serum and eye cream to your anti-aging routine will ensure smoother skin with less puffiness and pigmentation issues.