The Grooming Manual
Do you want to keep your skin’s complexion healthy and clear? Concerned about age spots, discoloration, and an otherwise lackluster complexion?
Well, you should be. For too long, most guys have ignored their skin and not worried about following a skincare regimen that can improve the way they look. If you’re ready to get out of your bad habits and follow a skincare routine for men that gets results, here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Know Your Skin Type
To get the best results from your skincare efforts, you need to know your skin type and find products designed to fit your needs. The major skin types for men are:
- Normal - not too dry, not too oily
- Oily - your skin products excess oil and you may be prone to blemishes
- Dry - your skin doesn’t produce enough oil, leading to tightness and irritation
- Combination - some parts of your face seem too oily, others seem too dry
- Sensitive - your skin is prone to redness, irritation, and inflammation
While some skincare products are suitable for all skin types, others are more specific. For example, a face wash for men with oily skin helps reduce oil and eliminates the bacteria that can cause acne. While a face wash for dry skin also eliminates bacteria, it uses gentler ingredients that will remove less oil during the cleansing process.
Step 2: Commit to a Daily Skincare Routine
You won’t see an improvement in your complexion if you don’t commit to a daily skincare routine. Haphazardly washing and hydrating your face whenever you randomly remember to is no way to take care of yourself.
This doesn’t mean you have to spend an extra 30 minutes in front of the bathroom mirror each day. In less than 5 minutes each morning and evening, you can practice a skincare routine for men that will help improve your skin.
First, wash your face with the right face wash for your skin type. Then rinse, dry off, and apply an oil-free face moisturizer for men. A fast-absorbing, nutrient-rich formula will work well for any skin type.
Step 3: Avoid Shave Irritation
One of the most notorious skin problems guys deal with is shave irritation. If you struggle with redness, burning, itchiness, and ingrown hairs because of shaving, you’re not alone. But you don’t need to suffer through all that misery.
Upgrade to a better shave cream for men - one with natural, hydrating ingredients that protect your skin and leave it well moisturized post shave. This slick addition to your shave routine prevents ingrown hairs and irritation by forming a protective layer over your skin.
And of course, don’t forget the aftershave. But avoid any products that contain alcohol or menthol. They dry out your skin and can make irritation even worse. Instead, go with the best alcohol-free aftershave for men with soothing, hydrating ingredients.
Step 4: Exfoliate Weekly
Exfoliation - the removal of dead skin cells and other debris from your pores - is a must in any effective skincare routine for men. There are two essential products that will help you keep your complexion smooth through regular exfoliation:
- Face Scrub - Use face scrub for men after washing your face 2-3 times each week. Using it before you shave is also a great way to further reduce irritation. You’ll notice a brighter, clearer complexion with regular use.
- Face Mask - A natural face mask for men with kaolin clay and activated charcoal pulls dirt, bacteria, and excess oil out of your pores. The result is visibly clearer skin. You only have to use a face mask for men 1-2 times each week to get these benefits.